The Factory 55 FlatLink E (Expert) is a variation of the standard foldable FlatLink winch shackle mount. The FlatLink E allows for you to eliminate the conventional winch hook and replace it with a safer and more secure screw pin shackle resulting in a Closed System Winching operation. The FlatLink E is more versatile than the standard FlatLink design. This is due to the large pear-shaped shackle mounting hole. You can attach to either the the pin or bow end of common screw pin shackles, as well as common OEM recovery points. However, this also adds the possibility of a dangerous shackle side loading condition (See Picture Above), especially during momentary slack conditions. A shackle side loading condition is not possible with our standard FlatLink shackle mount due to the shackle pin mounting constraint. For the recreational off roader we highly recommend the safer standard FlatLink product, rather than the FlatLink E. The winch operator does not have to monitor whether the shackle may have shifted and rotated in the recovery tackle. The FlatLink E is only available in the Military Specification Anodizing (Mil-A-8625 F Type III) hard anodized gray finish.
The FlatLink E does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter. Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to their secure screw pin attachment. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink E by a 5/8 inch diameter 6Al4V Titanium double shear pin and internal snap ring. Installation takes only minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the FlatLink E with 4 barbed tips each. The FlatLink E stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles.
MADE IN THE USA
- Precision machined from 6000 series billet aluminum
- Compatible with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets
- When folded flat – less than 1.75 inches of thickness
- Max load rating: 16,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure: Greater than 40,000 pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 3/8 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin
- Fits common 3/4 shackles/D-Rings
- Eliminates hook rattle and fairlead damage