Off-roading and Overlanding are 50% driving skills and 50% knowing what to do when you get stuck. And you will get stuck. A proper recovery system is essential for that 50% of the time, you’re not navigating trails.
A winch with a strong line, a few shackles, and something to connect them is the bare minimum when it comes to recovery. In between your winch line and whatever you’re using as an anchor, you need something that rotates and takes the strain off your winch line. Twenty years ago, you’d be lugging around a heavy steel snatch block and wondering if you greased the bearing recently. But these days, there’s a lightweight, simple, safer, and more durable solution in recovery rings.
This Borne Off-Road ATV side-by-side is constructed from ultra-lightweight aircraft grade 6061 aluminum and weighs about 1/3 the weight of traditional snatch blocks. Its simple design makes a recovery just as simple without worrying about failed or worn-out bearings. Our specially engineered recovery ring features radiused faces that prevent your soft shackle from clamping down on the edge of the ring, reducing friction for a smoother recovery. The large inner and outer diameters slow the ring’s rotation, and the military-grade hard-anodized coating further reduces friction and prevents scratching that can damage synthetic winch lines.
The Borne Off-Road truck and Jeep recovery ring are compatible with Borne Off-Road soft shackles* and accepts a 1/2-inch winch line. The working load limit of 22,000 lbs. makes it strong enough to recover even the largest off-road vehicle.
- Lightweight alternative to snatch blocks
- Safe for use with synthetic winch lines and Borne Off-Road soft shackles*
- Radiused faces reduce stress on shackle and winch line
- Military-grade hard-anodized coating reduces friction and prevents scratching
- 6061 aluminum construction for lightweight, corrosion resistance, and high strength No bearings for maintenance-free operation
- Large inner and outer radius reduce rotation speed and friction
- 22,000 lb. working load limit is strong enough for an off-road vehicle
- Accepts 1/2-inch winch line
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty