The Weigh Safe Drop Hitch is the one and only trailer hitch that can ensure you will have a much safer and enjoyable towing experience. The built-in scale makes this a one-of-a-kind hitch. The scale signals you to adjust the weight of your load before you even hit the road. Now you can save yourself a trip to the weigh station or save money on purchasing an inefficient scale. Measuring your tongue weight is extremely important, because whether you have too little tongue weight or too much can make an impact. Too much weight can cause your vehicle to have difficulty steering, gaining traction, or braking. Too little weight may cause your vehicle to sway. A helpful tip: your tongue weight should not exceed 15 percent of your gross trailer weight, and it is typically about 10 percent.
With the Weigh Safe Drop Hitch you can simply hook your trailer up to the Weight Safe ball mount, just like you would any other ball mount. Your trailer will then naturally push down on the hitch ball, causing it to push down on an internal hydraulic piston that sits on a bed of oil. When the piston hits the oil, the pressure reading is sent out to the scale, resulting in the tongue weight.
- Tongue weight scale built into the ball mount platform helps you balance your trailer
- Promotes safe towing – lets you know if your load needs to be adjusted before you tow
- Simple operation – automatically provides a measurement every time you couple your trailer
- Efficient and hassle-free – eliminates the need for separate or commercial scales
- 6061 T6 billet aluminum shank and mounting platform provide superior strength and durability
- Solid block construction provides greater strength than hollow steel competitors while also maintaining a light weight
- Rustproof for a clean finish that stands the test of time