This Weigh Safe Universal Hitch Ball has a built-in scale that measures the weight of your trailer’s tongue each time you’re heading out on the road. Depending on if your tongue weight is too low or too high, based on the scale, you can make the adjustments before you’re on the road. This simple, easy-to-use scale can ensure that your setup is safe. Due to the magnetic clamp-on 2-5/16” ball adapter, you can simply tow trailers with different coupler sizes much easier. Stainless steel construction resists rust and corrosion.
GMC guidelines for proper towing states tongue weight should be no less than 10 percent of gross trailer weight (GTW) and no more than 15 percent. For example, tongue weight for a 10,000 pound trailer should be no less than 1000lbs. and no more than 1500lbs.
(Note: Weigh Safe max tongue weight is 1500lbs. Do not initiate tow if your reading is in the red zone)
- Hitch ball provides connection point for your trailer’s coupler
- Pressure on the ball sends a reading to the built-in scale that measures tongue weight (lbs.)
- Tongue weight scale built into the hitch ball helps you balance your trailer
- Promotes safe towing – lets you know if your load needs to be adjusted before you tow
- Simple operation – automatically provides a measurement every time you couple your trailer
- Efficient and hassle-free – eliminates the need for separate or commercial scales
- Designed and tested to let you tow trailers with different coupler sizes
- Works with 2? and 2-5/16? couplers
- Ball adapter piece clamps on for quick and easy use
- Stainless steel construction is corrosion resistant
- Shank is heat treated for superior strength and dependability
- SAE J684 certified and VESC Regulations V-5 compliant
- Made in the USA