The Unlimited tailgate security enclosure is a simple, hinged design that creates a lockable storage area completely protected on all sides. The patented design works in conjunction with the lockable vehicle tailgate and the existing vehicle geometry to secure the area created without the need for a rigid front panel connection, any releasable lock mechanisms, or other unnecessary hardware. The assembly top does not open like Tuffy deck enclosure, and is outfitted with tie-down anchors. It works in the unlimited 4-door model with the rear seat and the 2-door model with the rear seat removed. Quickly and easily installs with standard hand tools in the 4 door Jeep models with an OEM hardtop or softtop. It will work in vehicles equipped with or without the subwoofer and functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover. Assembly can be easily removed for transporting larger items. On vehicles with power door locks, arming the security alarm automatically disables the power door lock switches and ensures the tailgate and Tuffy enclosure are secure, even on soft top models or with the top removed. Any items stowed on top of the enclosure must also be securely fastened to the vehicle.
- Simple design with integrated mounting hardware does not require drilling on 4-door model
- Provides over 20,800 cubic inches of lockable storage space (non-sub-woofer)
- Lid is weight bearing with 4 tie-down rings. Any items stowed on top of the enclosure must also be securely fastened to the vehicle
- Includes perimeter weather seal
- Mounts in 4 door vehicles & 2-door (without rear seat) with OEM hard or soft top
- Assembly can be removed for transporting taller items
- Functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover
- Works with or without OEM sub-woofer & maintains access and use of OEM 12v rear power port (if equipped)
- Storage enclosure is secured shut when the rear vehicle door is locked, creating a secure area
- 16 gauge steel construction
- Durable powder coat finish
- Works with or without OEM subwoofer and/or OEM hard or soft top. 2-door models with rear seat removed, installation may require additional hardware provided by customer. See assembly instructions. May not fit with aftermarket rear window soft top bars. Additional hardware may be required if the vehicle is equipped with any aftermarket mats that add any thickness to the carpet. Does NOT fit 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler. No Drilling required in 4-door model, assembly fastens to the existing vehicle mounting points. 2-door models require drilling two holes in the vehicle floor and additional hardware provided by customer.