This tailgate security enclosure is a simple, one-piece hinged design that creates a lockable storage area completely protected on all sides. The patented design works in conjunction with the lockable vehicle tailgate and the existing vehicle geometry to secure the area created without the need for a rigid panel connection, any releasable lock mechanisms or other unnecessary hardware. The innovative design eliminates the burden of having to bolt a bunch of panels together. The enclosure maintains the use and function of the rear seat in 2-door models. Quickly and easily installs with standard hand tools in the 2 door Jeep JK model with an OEM hardtop or soft top. It will work in vehicles equipped with or without the subwoofer and functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover. Assembly can be easily removed for transporting larger items. On vehicles with power door locks, arming the security alarm automatically disables the power door lock switches and ensures the tailgate and Tuffy enclosure are secure, even on soft top models or with the top removed.
- Simple 1-piece hinged design with integrated mounting hardware does not require drilling
- Storage enclosure is secured shut when the rear vehicle door is locked, creating a lockable trunk
- Provides over 8,000 cubic in of lockable storage space (non-sub-woofer)
- Lid is weight bearing
- Mounts in 2 and 4 door vehicles with OEM hard or soft top, It does not secure the entire rear cargo area in the 4 door model
- Mounts in vehicles with or without OEM sub-woofer
- Maintains use and function of the fold ‘n tumble rear seat in 2-door model
- Maintains access and use of OEM 12v rear power port (if equipped)
- Assembly can be easily removed for transporting larger items
- Works with OEM storage cover or Tuffy Cubby Cover
- Includes perimeter weather seal
- Durable powder coat finish
- Works with or without OEM subwoofer and/or OEM hard or soft top. Does not fit 2007-2010 Wranglers. Does not secure the entire rear cargo area in the 4 door model. No drilling required. Assembly fastens to existing vehicle mounting points.