Special hangers suspend the Stealth-Pod slightly off the tailgate and rubber pads isolate the pod, thwarting any vibration. The Stealth-Pod swings with your tailgate, leaving the tailgate fully functional. The pod is easily removed: just open the tailgate, pull the wire plug, and lift the pod of the hangers using the handle. The rest of your audio system will continue to work as it always did and your amplifier simply sits idle until you plug the pod in again.
Worried someone may steal it or live in a not-so-safe area? Take it with you! The Stealth-Pod’s smaller size leaves much of your cargo space intact and the portability is great when you need all the cargo space! The Stealth-Pod hides a 10” subwoofer from view and produces truly remarkable sound -the subwoofer fires downward on an angle, maximizing bass output. This position also protects the subwoofer from cargo and from the elements. Talk about versatility…there’s even little rubber feet included to attach to the base of the pod so you can take it indoors, put it on the floor, and use it in your home stereo system!
Installation is quick and easy with instructions for all Jeep models. It’s a matter of drilling some very small holes in specific places on the tailgate to mount the hangers and the correct drill bit for the job is included.
The Stealth-Pod is a .70 cu/ft. sealed enclosure made of very strong, no-flex ¼” textured plastic that houses just about any 10” subwoofer, even accepting subwoofers with very large magnets. Installation hardware and detailed instructions included with every Stealth-Pod.
- Some early YJ models have a tailgate stop mechanism which will need to be removed to install the Stealth-Pod.
- Placement of the Stealth-Pod interferes with JK Wranglers that have the factory subwoofer in the cargo area.
- Kicker Mono Amplifier rated at 150 watts rms @ 4-ohms.
- Kicker 10” Subwoofer (4-ohm) rated at 300 watts rms.
- Kicker Remote Bass Level Controller.
- 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit with all the necessities.