The new VX261 UHF 5 Watt Radio is a cost effective and reliable military grade radio. The MIL-STD-810 series of standards are issued by the United States Army's Developmental Test Command, to specify various environmental tests that simulate conditions the VX261 will encounter in the field. This radio is a powerful and professional improvement compared to a traditional walkie talkie, standard FRS Talkabout, and other consumer-grade 2-way radios. Perfect for staying connected outdoors and over long ranges!
For smaller groups working remotely, the Talk Around Scan feature will monitor both the repeater input and output to determine if direct (talkaround) communication is reliable. If so, the radio will automatically switch to Talkaround mode to reduce unnecessary airtime through the repeater system.
- 16 Channels
- 5 Watts
- UHF Frequency Operation
- Compact Size and Improved Portability
- Easy to carry and easy to operate.
- Built-In Safety Features for Worker Emergencies
- Includes built-in Emergency notification that will switch to a designated channel and send an emergency alert.
- For enhanced worker safety, the Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
- More Battery Power Options For Every Budget
- Designed to use powerful Li-Ion and Ni-MH battery technology with three options providing up to 9 hours to 16.5 hours of operation with the battery saver enabled.
- Get 4 scanning options for convenience and flexibility in the way you need your radios to perform. Includes: Priority, Dual Watch, Follow Me and Talk Around scan.
- Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
- Designed to inform the user when out of communication range with another ARTS™-equipped station. If out of range more than 2 minutes, the radio senses no signal and beeps to alert the user. The base station can then alert the field unit to move back into range. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.