All of the synthetic rope kits are constructed using Genuine Dyneema SK75 fibers. Mean Mother is an officially authorized trademark licensed partner for Dyneema and all of our winches are fitted with synthetic rope constructed using Genuine Dyneema SK75 fiber.
All pre-assembled kits include:
- Synthetic Rope
- Inner and Outer Protective Sleeves
- Clevis Hook
- Stainless Steel Thimble and Lug.
The synthetic rope must be used in conjunction with a hawse or alloy fairlead.
- Constructed using Genuine Dyneema SK75 fibers
- Dyneema is the worlds strongest fiber
- 8 times stronger than steel wire
- 70% lighter than steel wire
- High resistance to UV exposure
- Nonabrasive Minimal stretch
- Will not kink
- Virtually no recoil
- Does not absorb water so it floats
- Stainless steel thimble
- Quality clevis hook
- Inner & outer protection sleeves
- Breaking strain: 19310lb/8775kg
Not all synthetic ropes are the same. The word Dyneema gets thrown around quite a bit to describe these newer synthetic ropes but many are not actually made using genuine Dyneema SK75 fiber. Misleading information can create confusion in the marketplace. There is quite a bit of difference in quality and price between synthetic ropes made using genuine Dyneema fiber and some so-called Dyneema ropes. If you are in the market to buy a winch with synthetic cable or you want to replace your existing steel cable then consider this. If the price sounds too good to be true, then buyer beware.