Genesis Offroad Universal Dual Battery Kit with 200 Amp Isolator.
Batteries are sold separately.
Matching Group 34 batteries are required.
- This is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system on the market. This version has a heavy-duty battery tray that you mount into your application:
- Completely pre-wired out of the box
- Boost switch included, jump start your vehicle off your second battery
- Power and Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions
- Interface port pre-wired for the G Screen monitoring system
- Best quality wires, tin-plated copper connectors, sealed heat shrink tubing
- Powder-coated for durability
- Proudly made in the USA
The top cover plate has several innovative features in a simple package. All wiring has been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The welded gussets on top have holes with grommets to route the wires directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guesswork involved to make the connections. Use the extra grommets for routing your accessory wires cleanly and neatly to the power and ground bus bars. High-quality battery terminal connectors are soldered and crimped to the flexible two gauge wire connecting the batteries. With all the wiring integrated into the top plate, servicing your batteries has never been easier. Simply pull the terminals off the battery posts, remove the four easily accessible stainless fasteners securing the lid, and all the wiring can be lifted out of the way to service your batteries when necessary.
The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
Here's how it works:
- When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time.
- When you park and turn off the engine but continue to use accessories such as lights, stereo, or a CB, both batteries begin to drain.
- When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last.
- After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain.
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? We have a solution for that:
- Press the Start Boost button, and the isolator will connect both batteries for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump-start your engine off your accessory battery.
- As long as the accessory battery has enough power, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
- The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator.
Also includes high amp power and ground bus bars. The bus bars are already pre-wired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly. Your winch or other high-amp accessories go onto the large center post on the bus bars, and all your other accessories go directly to the smaller screw terminals on the bus bars.
- Any Group 34 battery will fit our tray
- NOTE: Batteries ordered through Genesis Offroad will ship separately from the tray due to shipping regulations.
- Odyssey 34-PC1500T is for those who need the most capacity possible! 850 CCA, 68 aH, and 135 minute reserve time
- Full River FT825-34 boasts 825CCA, 65aH capacity, and 135 minute reserve time
- The original factory battery will not fit due to its larger size
- Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place
- Battery Tray
- Top Lid
- Smart Isolator 200 amp
- Boost Switch
- Power bus Bar
- Ground Bus Bar
- G Screen Interface Port
- All Wiring
- Stainless Hardware
- 3/8 Battery Post
- 5/16 Battery Post
The Universal kit can be connected to be used in 3 different scenarios.
1. Standalone. Only two batteries in the vehicle. One designated as cranking, and one as the accessory battery. This is the default option out of the box. This is for vehicles that do not already have a cranking battery under the hood or if you are removing the cranking battery under the hood and replacing it with our tray. Great for dedicated rock crawlers, race cars, or custom cars that need the batteries relocated.
2. Two accessory batteries and one cranking battery. This is the best option for vehicles that already have a cranking battery under the hood and allows our smart isolator to manage all three batteries. You'll move the 2ga red wire from the right side of the isolator and reconnect it to the red power bus bar. This combines the two batteries in the tray at all times. Then run a new lead wire (sold by the foot from the options above) to your factory positive harness and connect it to the right side of the smart isolator. Now when your cranking battery is above 13.2v, the smart isolator will connect all three, giving you even more run time. We recommend using three identical batteries for best results. Great for adding extra accessory power to your RV, boat, camper, trailer, etc.
3. Two cranking batteries and one accessory battery. This option is best for heavy-duty vehicles that need a lot of cranking apps to start the engine or for vehicles in cold weather conditions. Simply connect your lead wire (sold by the foot from the options above) from the factory positive harness to the positive post clamp with the wing nut on our kit. This links one battery in our tray to the cranking battery under the hood at all times. Again, when they are above 13.2v, all three batteries will be connected, giving you even more cranking power. We recommend using three identical batteries for the best results. Great for diesel motors, tractors, service vehicles, etc.
The tray can be mounted anywhere you have space available. You can drill holes in the tray to bolt it down or grind off the powder coat to weld on your custom brackets. If you are using AGM batteries, they can be mounted on their side, giving you more flexible mounting options. The lid is strong enough to hold the batteries in place if the tray is mounted sideways.
Optional G Screen Monitoring System
Need to keep a closer eye on your batteries? Check out our dual battery monitoring system - the G Screen:
- Voltage levels for each battery
- Remote status indicator
- Background color changes based on battery status
- Remote boost button
- Completely pre-wired for you!
- Multiple mounting options (A-pillar, dash, or in an sPod over the rearview mirror)