Batteries: Sold separately. Matching Group 25 batteries are required.
launched the first completely integrated, easy-to-install dual battery system for the Jeep Wrangler in 2013. Never satisfied with 'good enough,' Genesis Offroad listened to customer feedback and refined our dual battery system to be even better suited to meet the demands of today's off-road vehicles and their drivers.
The purpose remains the same - to allow you to enjoy your aftermarket electrical accessories without worrying about draining down your cranking battery. Even if your cranking battery gets too low to start the engine, press a button to jump start from your second battery. Gone are the old days of reading wire schematics to figure out how to add a second battery to your vehicle with a manual selector switch or isolator device. Genesis dual battery kits are completely pre-wired for you out of the box for easy installation. No wire strippers or crimpers are required!
What's new with Gen 3Genesis Offroad Gen 3 dual battery system components
New heavy-duty battery combiner:
- Allows your engine's alternator to charge your cranking and accessory batteries.
- Connects batteries in parallel while driving, then separates them once the voltage drops below 12.7v to protect your cranking battery from getting drained by your accessories.
- Rated for 300 amps of continuous current flow and spikes of up 2500 amps for 10 seconds to handle anything you can throw at it.
- Compatible with all modern high-output alternators.
- It uses NO power to keep batteries connected, allows batteries to stay fully charged when not in use, and runs accessories even longer.
- Generates NO heat; since no current flows through it while the batteries are connected, the battery combiner produces no heat.
- A more robust and reliable design means more worry-free adventures.
New boost button:
- Now includes three user-selectable modes - Auto, On, and Off.
- 'Auto' mode automatically connects batteries when either is above 13.1v for 90 seconds and disconnects them when they drop below 12.7v for 30 seconds.
- 'On' mode will manually connect the batteries. Use this to jump-start the engine when the cranking battery is low or manually provide extra run time to your accessories by using both batteries together.
- 'Off' mode will manually separate the batteries. Use this when you want to leave the batteries isolated for any reason. Note the alternator will not charge the Aux battery while in this mode.
- The green halo light will turn on to indicate the batteries are connected, and the light will be off when the batteries are separated.
New bus bars:
- Now includes three tall studs and three small screws for power & ground wire connections.
- Different stud sizes give you more flexibility for connecting heavy-duty accessory cables, such as a winch, stereo amplifier, air compressor, fuse panels, etc.
- Lighter gauge wires, such as LED lights, CB, etc., can use the 3 small screws for connecting #10-sized ring terminals.
- Any accessories connected to the bus bars will run from the Aux battery and will not drain down the cranking battery.
- The protective cover flips up for easy access for routing your wires.
New Heavy-Duty Cables:
- Higher solid copper strand count for more current carrying capacity and more flexibility
- Thicker insulating jacket for even more protection from the elements
- Heavy-duty adhesive-lined heat shrink protects the wire from corrosion
- Tin-plated copper lugs and post clamps for superior conductivity
- Our most requested feature!
- Completely covers all the electronics and wiring for protection and a cleaner look.
- Easy flip-up access to your bus bars
- To use, lift the bus bar cover and grab the small green wire, plug in the sensor cable into the green bullet connector, route the cable to the factory fuse box, find and remove any ignition-hot circuit fuse, insert the factory fuse into the fuse tap, insert fuse tap into the factory fuse box.
G Screen Monitoring System port:
- Integrated connection point for plugging in the optional G Screen.
- This kit uses G Screen v5.3, part number 227-GS.
- Gen 3 Power Hub
- Smart battery combiner
- Boost switch
- Accessory Bus bars
- G Screen port
- All wiring
- Installation Hardware
- Steel Battery Tray
- Requires 2 matching BCI Group 25-size batteries.
- We recommend the Full Throttle FT750-25, the Odyssey ODP-AGM25, or any other high-quality AGM batteries.
- The Optima Red Top Group 25 and the Optima Yellow Top Group 75/25 will work, but due to their physically smaller size, they have far less capacity than other brands. Therefore we do not recommend Optima batteries with this kit
- Note the stock battery is NOT compatible with this kit.
- Some early 2007 models have headlight assemblies that may not be compatible with this dual battery kit. Some will need to be modified by removing some material from the rear of the headlight assembly, others may require replacing the headlight assembly in favor of a slimmer aftermarket option. See Photos