- Clear replacement lens for SS5 LED Pod
- Made out of durable polycarbonate, with preinstalled O-ring seal
- Advanced TIR optics provide high efficiency and focus
- Available in Driving, Flood, Combo, or Spot beam patterns
- This clear lens is a direct replacement for the original main lens in your SS5 LED Pod. It can be used to change both the color and output pattern, with a quick swap! Made of durable optical-grade polycarbonate, each lens comes with an integrated O-ring to maintain a watertight seal.
- Colors. SS5 LED pod lenses are available in clear material, producing white light, or a selective yellow filter. You can change the color of your lights by swapping out the lens, but please note that changing colors may not be perfect with these lenses, because different LEDs are used depending on the color of light you originally purchased. If you purchased White pods originally, they have 6000K white emitters, while Yellow SS5s comes with 4000K emitters.
- Easy Swap. Changing the main lens in the SS5 takes just a few seconds! Remove the eight torx-head screws from the back frame, pull the old lens and O-ring assembly out, and put in your new lens, which comes with the O-ring preinstalled. Take care not to touch the inner optical surface of your new lens during the swap, or wear a pair of gloves to keep things clean. The locating pins ensure correct alignment and rotation. Reinstall the eight screws so they are very hand-tight, and you are ready to shine in your new color or beam pattern!
- Warranty. Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED lighting comes with a 3-year replacement warranty, as well as an 8-year limited warranty. If you choose to disassemble and replace the lens on your SS3 pod, you still keep your 8-year limited warranty intact. However, we may require the light to be sent in for any service and repair, rather than immediate replacement.
- Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern. Driving is great for general illumination at speed. Rather than a traditional "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in a 30x20 degree spread, providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds, but still staying focused to avoid too much foreground light. Although the SS5 Driving is too bright to be considered an SAE Auxiliary High Beam, it is perfect for an extra boost of light at speed.
- Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 70x55 degree spread of light. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It is perfect for lighting up anything at low speeds, or for trailers and worksites.
- Combo pattern combines both the Driving and Flood optics, perfect for all-around use. It shines light downrange in a focused 30x20 Driving beam to punch with distance and fills in the surrounding area to create a full 70x30 degree pattern. With a row of driving optics in the middle and a flood optic on the top and bottom, this has been designed to provide extra light for every situation.
- Spot is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is a highly focused 15-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 406,000 candelas, the SS5 Sport shines a mile away (¼ lux). NOTE: The Pro Spot uses a larger LED emitter, which spreads the light output into a 20-degree pattern. Although the Pro has much more raw output, the larger beam pattern results in slightly lower total intensity.
- Experience. After over a decade in business, Diode Dynamics is one of the most trusted names in automotive LED lighting. We directly assemble and engineer our own products in the United States, allowing for higher quality and performance, with the newest and brightest LED technology.
- Quantity: One (1)
- Materials: Polycarbonate Lens
- Warranty: 8-Year Warranty
Fitment NOTE: These lenses are only compatible with SS5 LED Pods.
Changing the main lens in the SS5 takes just a few seconds! Take care not to touch the inner optical surface of your new lens during the swap, or wear a pair of gloves to keep things clean.
1. Remove the eight torx-head screws from the back frame.
2. Pull the old lens and O-ring assembly out.
3. Put in your new lens, which comes with the O-ring preinstalled. DO NOT remove the O-ring from the lens. You will find small pins which align the lens in the correct orientation. If the lens does not drop into place, make sure the alignment is correct.
4. Reinstall the eight screws so they are very hand-tight.