It’s happened to all of us. You pull up too close to a curb and you hear that ominous “SCRAAAAPE”. Sometimes, you’ll remember to pull away slowly when you return and avoid further damage. But if you drive a sports car, or sports sedan, or any vehicle with a low front end (even a Prius, for example), you can “hook” your lower fascia and experience one of the worst automotive emotions possible – backing up and having the curb rip your lower valence panel or even your entire fascia from the car! It happens every day to innocent drivers, but now there is a solution. With a Curb Alert Parking System, you’ll no longer have to worry about damaging your vehicle’s front bumper when pulling up to a curb or approaching the end of a steep driveway.
Using Infrared LED technology, the Curb Alert curb sensor will reliably detect when you are getting too close to a curb and warn you with a short series of audible beeps, helping you avoid expensive damage to your vehicle’s front end. Having Curb Alert is like owning an affordable insurance policy on your vehicle’s front end – one most modern vehicle, the system pays for itself the first time it’s used. The Curb Alert™ can determine the distance of your vehicle from a curb or other low obstacle. It sends out an infrared beam that is analyzed by the system to determine how far your vehicle is from the approaching object. If it determines that your vehicle is dangerously close to the curb, it alerts you with an audible in-cabin tone to prevent damage to your front bumper, spoiler or valence panel.
• Integrates Seamlessly into Your Vehicle
• Provides Low-Speed Curb and Parking Warnings
• Proven and Patented Design Allows for Perfect Fitment
Curb Alert Specifications
• DIY Grade Version
• Powers Off Ignition Power and Battery Power
• System Stays on for 20 Minutes After Car Shuts Off
• 12-30 Inch Adjustable Warning Distance
• Adjustable Height Sensor
• Weatherproof LED Infrared Sensor
• Simple Self-Calibration Procedure
• 35 Milliamp Power Draw (When Active)
• Adjustable Warning Volume
• Sensor Physical Dimensions: 1" x 1.5" x 2"
*Note: This system is designed for DIY installation
**Note: If you need to replace the Curb Alert sensor, you do not need to replace the entire kit.