Artec Industries Shield - Front Center Axle Disconnect - CAD Skid, Powder Coated Features:
• First OEM Replacement on market for JL CAD skid plate
• Heavy Duty 1/4" construction twice the thickness of OEM skid plate
• Designed using original OEM files and CNC laser cut and CNC bent in-house for precise fit
• Uses Countersunk Flat head bolts for a smooth bottom...keeps rocks from catching on bolt heads*
• Leading edge of OEM skid is extended forward and has a bent flange to provide a smooth bottom with no edges for rocks to catch on
• Fully Welded and powder coated for direct bolt-in installation
• Made In The USA
Stronger Than The OEM Front Axle Protection
Defend your front axle with this shield from Artec Industries. Part of the purpose for this part has to do with an inclusion that Jeep made on the newer models. This new inclusion on the axle features a very thin sheet metal skid plate from the factory, which is prone to bending and denting, not to mention being a rock magnet itself. This shield helps defend against that. This JL Shield from Artec Industries is constructed from Heavy Duty 1/4" thick steel which is twice the thickness of the OEM skid plate. The new design also uses countersunk flat head bolts for improved smoothness on the bottom meaning you'll have less edges to catch on rocks. To improve the smoothness, we've eliminated unnecessary edges and extended the leading edge to the front of the axle and included an angled flange to protect the axle and allow rocks to glide under. The JL Shield is fully welded, and hard powder coated for direct bolt-on installation and a long life.
NOTE: While all precautions are made to ensure the powdercoated surface is protected, small scratches from the shipping process may be present upon arrival.
*Flat head bolts provided just bottom two holes. Reuse OEM bolts on upper holes.