The latest addition to the BASE Rack lineup is an extended length rack and mount for the Toyota 4Runner. The longer rack allows for more storage space and ability to distribute the weight more evenly. Key considerations for ARB’s engineers when developing vehicle specific mount kits and deflectors include multiple model fitment and to keep the BASE Rack as close as practical to the vehicle roof.
• BASE Rack mount suits the Toyota 4Runner
• 148 lb (67kg) roof rack load-carrying capacity
• Added minimum height to vehicle is approximately 4in (100mm)
• Included wind deflector manufactured from powder-coated, press-formed 0.07in (2.0mm) aluminum
• Maximum load per BASE Rack beam is 55lbs (25kg). Loads must be evenly distributed and adequately secured
• Operation of manufacturer sunroof is not recommended while roof rack is installed
Notes: The BASE rack does not clear shark fin antenna for 2014-2016 4Runner models. Operation of manufacturer sunroof is not recommended while roof rack is installed
FITMENT Fitment of the BASE Rack system to the vehicle is done in a series of steps. Required tools include: a basic tool kit, center punch and small hammer, torque wrench, Allen key set, Torx key set, 9.0mm drill bit and drill, tape measure, pen/pencil, and safety knife.
1. Original equipment mount rails (if fitted) or channel trim are removed from vehicle roof to access OE mount points in vehicle roof.
2. Front and rear original mount holes in vehicle roof used. BASE Rack mount brackets are installed to these points using rubber packers, M8 fasteners, bonded seal washers and foam gaskets. Roof trim pieces cut to suit.
3. BASE Rack blade brackets are attached to underside of BASE Rack assembly with BASE Rack stud plates, M8 studs, washers and nyloc nuts. The included wind deflector is fitted.
4. Optional ARB LED Light bar fitted to leading edge of BASE Rack, if required, using provided hardware and fasteners.
5. BASE Rack with blade brackets fitted to vehicle roof and fastened to previously installed mount brackets with M8 button head Torx screws and washers. When not required, the BASE Rack and blade brackets can be easily removed leaving the mount brackets fixed to the vehicle roof