AEV’s all-steel Heat Reduction Hood
provides fresh intake air and critical under hood cooling. With its clean, fluid lines, this hood’s design is not only functional but also adds distinctive styling to your JK.
The central vent of the Heat Reduction Hood is positioned to take advantage of the low-pressure area created at the front edge of the Hood when the vehicle is in motion. Since air moves from high-pressure to low-pressure areas, the placement of the center vent causes cooler outside air to be drawn through the radiator and up through the Hood.
The stamped steel Heat Reduction Hood features OE-style crumple zones and an e-coat primer for superior corrosion resistance. The side mesh inserts are removable to accommodate the installation of AEV’s Snorkel Kit.
The AEV Heat Reduction Hood
has a dual windshield washer nozzle configuration. This is the current configuration found on all 2013+ JK Wranglers. If you have a 2007-12 JK Wrangler with a single windshield washer nozzle, installation of the Heat Reduction Hood
will require switching to a dual windshield washer nozzle system. AEV offers an optional Dual Washer Nozzle Kit 10305150AA for an easy, professional-looking installation. Click here to view this nozzle kit.
- All steel construction
- Fresh air intake
- Reduces under hood temp
- E-coat primer for superior corrosion resistance
- Adds style to any 2007+ JK Wrangler
- Great replacement for damaged stock hoods
- Includes full stamped steel inner
- OE-style crumple zones designed to collapse in accidents
- Side mesh opening fits AEV’s Snorkel
- Crumple zone for improved crash safety.
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Estimated Install Time: 1 Hour (does not include painting)
- Required Tools: Common Hand Tools
- Manufacturing Process: Stamped Steel
- Material: Inner Hood: 23 gauge steel
- Mesh Inserts: Stainless steel
- Outer Hood: 23 gauge steel
- Coatings: E-coat Textured Black Powder Coat
- US Patent: D692812
**This item does not qualify for free shipping**