AEV’s DualSport Suspension Systems
have taken off-road suspension engineering to the next level. At AEV, suspension development is more than adding lift height, articulation, or flashy-looking components. It’s about bringing OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket to create a true do-anything “DualSport
” suspension – one that is extremely capable off-road while offering unparalleled on-road performance and handling.
To achieve this, AEV relied on factory engineering methodology. We started with the JK’s control arms, track arms, and steering. The geometry of each component was optimized to accommodate the new lifted posture of the JK. It may surprise people that proper geometry is where AEV’s DualSport Suspensions get much of their tremendous cornering and braking characteristics. When the geometry is right, the springs and shocks don’t have to compensate for poor performance in these areas.
Once the geometry was correct, we turned our attention to the springs, again relying on OE methods, which in the case of springs means frequency tuning. Frequency-tuned coil springs share harmonious oscillation characteristics that allow them to work as a matched set, front and rear. The benefit is that they help to keep the JK balanced and in contact with the road, even when driven at high speed over rough surfaces.
After the springs are tuned, the next step is shock tuning. Rather than use an off-the-shelf shock tune, we partner with the engineers at Bilstein to develop a proprietary tune matched to our unique suspension. Together we spent days at a proving grounds facility testing numerous valving combinations in an array of simulated driving conditions. The previous optimization of AEV’s geometry and coil springs allows us to tune the shocks with a focus on damping suspension movement – rather than on trying to mask unwanted handling problems resulting from poor geometry or spring tuning.
Overall, no matter which DualSport Suspension System you choose, where you drive it or how you load it, you can count on your DualSport-equipped JK to remain comfortable, balanced, and ready to explore.
- Expedition-Ready / Daily-Driven Practical.
- More so than any of its predecessors, the JK Wrangler is not just a trail-mastering off-road specialist; it’s a truly “street-able” on-road transport.
- The AEV DualSport enhances the JK to raise its performance in both arenas.
- Tuned Vehicle Dynamics. The DualSport system has been thoroughly tuned for impeccable behavior in every situation you might put it in – especially those you didn’t intend to.
- AEV DualSport JK systems are stand-alone packages that include everything needed to elevate your JK properly, including shocks.
- The kit's AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers feature a Bilstein Triple C zinc-plated finish. This finish must be serviced regularly to maintain its luster. A protective coating, such as wax or lubricating oil, should be applied in moist climates to prevent tarnishing. The finish is not covered under warranty. Actual lift height may vary depending on vehicle weight.
- Drive Options: Left Hand Drive, Right Hand Drive
- LHD vs. RHD:
- The RHD Kit includes a unique High Steer Kit and Track-bar brackets to account for the unique geometry of the RHD vehicle.
- Difficulty Level: Advanced
- Estimated Install Time: 10-12 Hours
- Installation Guides:
- AEV 3.5"- 4.5" DualSport SC Suspension for JK
- Installation Guide AEV 3.5" & 4.5" DualSport Suspension for Right Hand Drive JK Installation Guide